LIVE Classroom 8-Hour NMLS Continuing Education Course
Keep your NMLS license up-to-date with the required eight hours of CE! 8 Hour SAFE Comprehensive: Continuing Education 2017. Mortgage loan originator licensees under the DBO, or BRE licensees with a “license endorsement,” approved for issuance in 2016 will expire on December 31, 2017.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Effective 2018 – Loan Originators will be required use the NEW 1003 Loan Application. The existing 1003 Loan application is 4 pages, the updated 2018 1003 will consist of seven pages for an individual borrower and 11 pages if a co-borrower exist.
- Identify the new 2018 HMDA requirements and describe how to apply appropriate business practices for the 2018 URLA.
- Describe the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering Act’s regulations financial institutions must meet to protect against fraudulent monetary schemes.
- Define the Fair Housing Act’s specific prohibitions and regulations concerning protected classes such as age, race, and family status.
- Identify how loan modification services are regulated by the MARS Rule.
- Define nontraditional lending, including the risks and characteristics of various products, and describe currently recommended guidance, risk management practices, and qualifying borrower criteria for nontraditional loan products.
- Identify the concept of the Net Tangible Benefit Rule, its components, and form sample.
- Describe the types of borrowers who benefit from nontraditional loans, including characteristics and loan suitability.
- Identify the four business classifications and describe underwriting and tax requirements for each form of ownership.
The annual renewal period for your mortgage loan originator license will be from November 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017. You must renew your license during this period in order to ensure that you are authorized to continue originating loans during the 2017 calendar year.
The contents of this course contains:
- 3 hours of Federal Law and Regulations
- 2 hours of Ethics
- 2 hours of nontraditional mortgage products
- 1 hour CA-DBO
WE WILL BEGIN OFFERING THESE COURSES JUNE 1, 2017!!
This 8 Hour NMLS CE Course includes:
- Live classroom instruction
- Key terms
- Summary and quiz for each chapter
- Course materials (provided in class)
$125.00 Tuition (This price includes the $12.50 NMLS upload fee.*).